There have been many exciting changes at Parks’ Place in the past two months. From COVID visiting restrictions changing to new staff in our leadership team. We’ll walk through the changes below.
We are happy to announce that Parks’ Place can now allow more than Essential Caregivers to visit with the following restrictions:
- Visits must scheduled in advance so we can control how many people from the community are in Parks’ Place at one time. Schedule your visits with Carmen.
- Visitors will:
- Complete the COVID screen in the entry way and have a member of our staff take your temperature to ensure you are symptom free before entering the building.
- When entering the building, all visitors must wear a mask. Cloth masks are acceptable.
- Eye wear for visitors is not necessary. It is only required when giving direct care or if you are within 6 feet of a resident.
- Visits will continue to be in the residents’ rooms so Parks’ Place residents and staff can fully use the common spaces.
- No more than 3 family members should visit at one time (unless it is a compassionate care situation) to allow for social distancing in the rooms.
In March, our new Chef and new Director of Nursing joined our team! Chef Garrett Hess brought a fresh look to our menu and exciting new meal options. He came to us with an impressive background in the culinary arts and senior dining. Our Director of Nursing, Sadie McGregor, came to us with an enormous amount of experience as a nurse. She is filling a void in our leadership staff as we were extremely particular to find the right person for the job of Director of Nursing. We are ecstatic to have both Sadie and Chef Garrett at Parks’ Place.
Most recently in April, Carmen Gesinger replaced Kaitlin Kelly as the Director of Marketing and Resident Services. Kaitlin sadly left Parks’ Place to move closer to family, but we are so excited to have Carmen join our team. Carmen brings her vast experience in community outreach and marketing, and will be a vital component to the Parks’ Place team!
Parks’ Place Memory Care is a privately owned assisted living home, specialized and specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Our home is for people of any stage of dementia so they are able to age-in-place in their home. For tours, general information, or admission inquiry, please contact Carmen Gesinger at 763-710-8484.